Monday, December 03, 2007

The rain in Spain falls mainly in...Seattle

After the snow, the rain came. And came. And is still coming.

I put off buying rain/snow boots and am paying the price. It's rained up to 8 inches in some parts of the Seattle area between yesterday and today.

I don't drive my car much here. Daily, I grab the 73 or 373 bus from my place to the U District. The bus drops me a good 10 minute walk from school or work, depending on where I'm going. Today, by the time, I walked to the bus stop, waited for the bus to arrive, walked from where it let me off to where I was going, I was WET. Jeans soaked, feet soaked.

And it was windy. So picture it. Me, walking along layered up b/c it's cold, using my umbrella (against all Seattleite convention, although today a lot of people were using them so I think once it's raining enough, even they bust out the umbrellas and forego the cool "hood only" rule), pants completely stuck to my legs because they're wet, toes starting to freeze because my shoes aren't waterproof, and then my umbrella does the embarrassing pops-inside-out because the wind is blowing so hard.

Reminds me of Kari's blog post awhile back about that eloquent French phrase, "Il pleut comme vache qui pisse." It's raining like a peeing cow.

Yeah, it is.

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

What a pisser. :)

Abby said...

Yuck. Send some of that some down here.

We need it. :-)