Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blogging like Paula

I just found out dear sweet Paula keeps a blog. She has a unique way of doing it, posting each day with little snippets from the activities of her day. I rather like her style, so I thought I'd copy her for today.

Woke up and thought I should make a birthday cake for Jonathan's birthday...seeing as how he's the community group leader and his birthday happened to fall on the day our group meets.

Went to QFC, my Seattle grocer of choice, and bought the needed items. Got into a banter with the cashier and customer behind me about how I am SO not a baker and hoped I could handle the Betty Crocker mix. I chose a spice cake w/cream cheese frosting. Yummy.

Held text conversations with 3 different people before 8:30 am. Rare.

Met up with Gina & Melissa at Pike Place for some Christmas shopping. Had quasi-success finding gifts, but will need a return trip before I go to Texas on Monday. I heart Pike Place--it is SO Seattle. I can't believe I live in a city, and only 20 minutes from a place, that people literally fly across the country to visit. Melissa knew one of the local musicians, Jimmy, who gave us the specially designed Pike Place Christmas 2007 pins.

On the way home, talked to Chrissy about our road trip back to Seattle from Texas on Dec 28-31st. Yes, I'm making that drive again. Call me crazy.

Returned home and made aforementioned spice cake. I mixed the batter and it seemed there was too much batter for the pan size indicated I should use on the box. So I used a smaller one. I remind you: I am SO not a baker. The cake started rising in the oven and I could see it was going to go over the edge of the pan, so I took it out and poured some of the batter out. Ghetto. Put it back in the oven and kept an eye on it. It survived without overflowing the pan, and I learned to trust the box next time. Seriously, I am hopeless in the kitchen.

Headed to work for a couple of hours, and thankfully Val was on her way out the door so I got a lift from her on her way to the East Coast for the break instead of having to take the bus. Good thing since I was lugging the following: old clothes and purses to donate to the Washington flood victims, books to loan Ashley & Jonathan, birthday gift for Jonathan, and the precious spice cake. Not ideal for the bus...and did I mention it was raining? Good ol' Seattle.

After work, Jonathan picked me up for community group. CG was so much fun tonight--I made a new BFF, Greta. She was a newcomer but whatever...I have no concept of a newcomer so we're hanging out Saturday. At CG, we talked about the concept of play...does God want us to play and have fun? Do we see what Jesus' concept of fun might be in Scripture? I think so...

Wow, all that happened in one day. Thanks to Paula for being my inspiration to see all that can happen in a day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAH! I love that I got such a hardcore shoutout. I saw that a bunch of people had clicked on my blog from yours, and I was surprised...but now I know why. :) You're so fun!