Friday, December 14, 2007

Blogging Like Paula II

Had a productive meeting with Michele. She always helps me see things in a new way, very refreshing.

Went into work for the last time this quarter. FINALLY finished a big project, so got a major sense of accomplishment. And seriously, couldn't have been better timing since the project had to be done TODAY...I love cutting it down to the wire; there's nothing like the rush of a high-pressure situation.

Ran down the bus. I saw it coming as I was turning the corner, and knew if I missed it, I'd be sitting at the bus stop for another 30 minutes so I RAN like a track star and got there at the same time as the bus. It was ridiculous how out of breath I was...must...have...water...now.

Went to the Starbucks near my place and saw the group of African men hanging out that I see nearly every time I'm there. For 3 months, I have wanted to ask them where they are from but always chickened out. Well, today, I finally asked. They are from Eritrea, just north of Ethiopia and bordering the Red Sea. While I was mildly disappointed they weren't from West Africa, I was still excited to be around anything Africa again. Teddy was the one I ended up talking with, so I'm hoping to continue getting to know him & his buddies as we all frequent the Starbucks on Northgate Way.

Went to the Argosy Ship Christmas Lighting with Edwin & Veronica. It was cold and wet, but definitely got me into the Christmas spirit! We capped the evening with a delicious mud pie dessert. Mmm.

In 72 hours, I'll be in Texas...home sweet 80 degree home.

1 comment:

Swiftyjess said...

Peggy
The Starbucks on Northgate way is .3 minutes from house.
After the New Year we HAVE to get together!