Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas! I started the day with the O'Callaghans morning brunch 'n' gifts...so much fun, this family! Then I floated off to my grandma's for my family's Christmas--my dad's roommate and her son joined us and I was so glad--the more, the merrier. We had a great time and I was chosen to bless our Christmas dinner, what a privilege! I am so thankful for Jesus' birth and the reason why we celebrate Christmas! I ended the day reuniting with my precious heart friend Marcy, who you will remember was my companion on the 3 day drive from Texas to Seattle back in August.
It's been a whirlwind trip to Texas--I can't believe I leave in just 2 days! I've been only quasi-faithful to take pics...I have seen friends like Deborah, my best friend from 6th-12th grade, Vanessa, a close friend from 3rd grade-high school, and Cookie, one of my home group girls from Denton last year...and did NOT remember to take a picture with any of them!
But, I did remember to take some...

Mexican food at Acapulco
Katy, me, Esther, Beth, Chrissy
I've had Mexican three times...just enough to get enchiladas, quesadillas, fajitas, and a taco salad


The Bowling Bet of 2007
I blogged before about Team Pegole (me & Nicole, Chrissy's sis) beating Team Crick (Chrissy & Nick) so that the losers had to tie their shoes together for their next bowl...

Benjamin Michael Gage
While in Austin, I visited with my high school friends, Misty & Tara. Misty had her first baby, Benjamin, in September and I got to meet him for the first time. I told her this kid would never be on Jerry Springer b/c a paternity test will never be needed...this kid looks EXACTLY like his daddy. He is SOOOOOOOO cute.


I played with Benjamin for 2.5 hours and we were both very happy with the arrangement. Misty said Benjamin never let them put him on his back like this...I just had the magic touch, I guess. :)


The reunion
L-R Misty, Benjamin, me, Brooklyn & Tara

Josh & Amy's
I was actually in Austin to hang out with BFF Amy and retrieve Wilbert, who Josh & Amy graciously took care of the past 4 months
Amy sneaks a bite of peanut butter while we baked Christmas cookies...unlike me, Amy is amazing in the kitchen and was glad to have someone around who would bake cookies with her (Josh wasn't a willing participant, thanks to his recent Wii purchase--what's with guys and their Wii's?)

So we baked...and ate batter. Mmm, batter.

Me & Ames

Gender separation...the boys (and dogs) watched Superbad while...

Amy & I holed up in the bedroom watching The Nanny Diaries and eating cookie dough ice cream...I can't lie, I love being a girl! (Amy, don't be furious I'm putting this pic on the internet!)

Family photo...Amy's bro & my honorary bro, Stephen, Josh, Wilbert, Amy, Maggie & me
The O'Callaghans
Shockingly, no pics of Katy up yet, stay tuned...but here's a couple of the O'Cs...
Caitlin & me

Kieran & Zoe sharing some Christmas morning bacon (anyone else thinking Lady & the Tramp?)

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Dang! that last picture with Keiran and Zoe + bacon totally freaked me out! I thought they were ...well, you know...

Glad to see it was only bacon. You can love your pet but you can't LOVE your pet.