Monday, December 17, 2007

Lovely weekend

This weekend started with a final Christmas shopping trip to Pike Place. Definite success, and I felt like a local, knowing the shops & some of the shop owners.
I've already posted about Saturday afternoon's head injury while setting up for Jonathan's birthday party. We had such a great time that evening that I can honestly say it was worth getting my head smashed by glass.

Josephine & I partied it up Asian-American style

I wonder if Jonathan knows how lucky he was to have such hot mamas at his party...Josephine, Greta, me, Deborah

Seriously, I've known Greta for about 72 hours...we've decided we were separated at birth...here's our "Why weren't we born of the same womb at the same time" list: Swedish, brown hair, blue eyes, freaking hilarious, likes to par-tay, eats dessert anytime anyplace, can talk about dessert for 30 minutes w/no other topic mentioned, likes to extract splinters from people's feet, both 5'7", and get this: Greta and Peggy both mean "pearl."


Jonathan gave me a good hug for sacrificing my head for his party...


Don & Jen...Don is the first person I've met here who has lived in Texas AND in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire


Partway through the party, Josephine helped me reapply healing measures


This is Joe, and in case you can't surmise for yourself, I will tell you he is CRAZY FUN


Janet & Brendan are in my community group. They just got married and are the ones that I mentioned a few posts back who had the wedding idea I plan to steal one day of having all their friends out on a boat that tours the Puget Sound


Joe's not only CRAZY FUN, but a songwriter and guitar player...he wrote a birthday song for Jonathan on the fly
Sunday consisted of church, lunch with Josephine at a fabulous cafe (anyplace that serves beet salad is on my list), cleaning & packing and cleaning & packing, and a lovely pasta dinner mixed with good conversation with someone near & dear.

And now, it is 10:50 am and I am headed to the airport where I will fly to Texas and spend two glorious weeks with people I dearly love.

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

I like your new blog look!

Looks like a fun weekend. Why was Don in Abidjan? That's crazy! Did he know Chez Abdou's?

Have a safe trip back down to Texas and give Wilbert a hug from me!