Thursday, June 22, 2006

Serpent and Squirrel Revisited

Updates on the serpent and squirrels

Episode 2: Is it a serpent or a tadpole?
I drove down Brinker yesterday past where the snake was...it was STILL there! Nobody has moved that poor fool off the baking sidewalk. The snake is now shriveled to the size of a long tadpole.

Episode 2: The Return of Squirrelly
I had lunch out on the bench again yesterday. (Yesterday was eventful.) Again, minding my own business, 4 squirrels ran past me so fast smoke was coming out behind them. Then one stopped (I wonder if it was the Prostrate Squirrel again) and didn't flatten out...this time, he sat up real cute-like about 6 inches from my feet, and he LUNGED at me in an NBA-style fake. I screamed and jumped onto the (swinging) bench. I managed to not fall off, and the screaming scared off Scary Squirrel.
Then he decided to get his revenge. He and his friends jumped into the tree that hangs over the bench. They chased each other all over it, and had a great time. I went back to reading my book...when branches and leaves started pummeling down on my head. I'm beginning to wonder if UNT built this swinging bench on top of a Sacred Squirrel Burial Ground and the squirrels are pissed.

Oh, now it's on...stay tuned for Episode 3: Pegs Strikes Back.
Has anyone else noticed that my life has been reduced to non-humans? Wilbert, snakes, and squirrels. Oh, what a life.

2 comments:

Abby said...

My dear Pegs -

Next time you want to eat lunch on the bench, just bring a BB gun... problem solved.

You know, if anyone from PETA reads this they might revoke my membership. Let's keep this idea between the two of us. Ok? :-)

Nicole said...

Peggy, whenever I need a laugh, I check out your blog. Actually, I check it out all the time anyways, but I have to tell you, the laughter is a wonderful perk! Thanks!

ps - You should come visit Sy and I in England - that way you can select your own Brit Boy! (they are like apples for the taking - shhh... don't tell Simon)