Sunday, June 04, 2006

God bless the broken road to...

Well, I don't know exactly where the broken road is leading yet, but God does. This is going to be a post unlike most others. I actually plan to reveal something more than surface level happenings.

I just spent a bit of time rehashing some past experiences (read: heartaches) I've had with the opposite sex. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it. It was good to look back and see what I've learned from all those experiences. Without making you read the entire re-hash, here is what I learned (in no particular order):

1. I will never understand males.
2. I am not supposed to understand them.
3. I have to watch out for the girls too, not just the guys. However, guy or girl, forgiveness is essential.
4. I am a girl. I want to be pursued, not the pursuer.
5. I have to be confident in my identity in Christ, as His bride. No other relationship is eternal.
6. It’s okay to be sad. It’s okay to eat cookie dough ice cream when I’m sad. Try not to watch Bridget Jones if it’s not a complete disaster.
7. I cannot trust my heart. What do you know, the Bible is right.
8. I need to depend on what God’s Word says about me to maintain a realistic perspective on things.
9. Men are good. They do not intentionally reach into your chest, pull out your heart and stomp on it. I learned this because once, I was the one to reach in and stomp on someone else’s heart. I didn’t mean to, but it did happen.
10. Always keep a couple of girl friends who have had successful relationships around so you can bounce things off them for code-cracking and interpretation purposes. Also, keep nearby friends who are truly for you and will love you no matter how many times these heartbreaking episodes happen.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Clap! Clap-clap! Applause! Standing ovation!

This is great, Pegs. Thank you for sharing...for being real.

mrs. darling said...

Thank you for opening up.
I love that through these blogs we can all learn from each other.

I love how God forces us to tear open the boxes that we shove those heartaches into and spills them out...and we learn from our heartbroken past...and then we begin to heal...

Senegal Daily said...

Pegs -

I just got your e-mail about the blog. It works fine on this end!

- K
(ps - it's 10 pm on Tuesday)