Friday, May 01, 2009

Going into mild panic attack

The swine flu (or HN91768 whatever, as WHO wants to call it...like everyone is going to ditch the lovely name "swine flu" in favor of something that is impossible to remember) is apparently taking over Texas. And other places, but as a typical Texan, I could care less about those other places.

It suddenly struck me this morning that my flight to Seattle for Memorial Day weekend may not happen if these blasted pigs continue to wreak havoc on our planet.

You do NOT want to be near me if my flight is cancelled. I leave 3 weeks from today. And I WILL leave...even if I have to fly the plane myself.

5 comments:

Uyen said...

Oh Peggy, don't panic. Panic brings gray hairs :)

mrs. darling said...

isn't it ridiculous how everyone is freaking the crap out about pig flu?? good grief. surely your flight will be okay. surely!

also, you would be a spectacular carrie bradshaw! do it, i'll be your first faithful reader.

Anonymous said...

PIG FLU

Anonymous said...

AND, IF PEOPLE WOULD KEEP THEIR DANG GERMS TO THEMSELVES (LIKE STAYING HOME IF THEY'RE SICK) WE WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM.

Abby said...

i have no doubt that you will be researching "how to fly a plane" in the next 3 weeks...