Monday, March 01, 2010

In perspective...

So y'all know how once in awhile, I have a blog pity-party? Well the following people and their brave stories have shut me up (at least, for today).

Brock Hart--barely one year old and fighting leukemia.

Layla Grace--two years old and dying of stage 4 Neuroblastoma.

Brad and Chloe Sullivan--wife and mother, Sara, died in September. She had breast cancer but was mysteriously killed by some other monster, a seizure/brain hemorrhage. Sara gave birth to Chloe three short weeks before she died, so Brad is left as a single father to his little one.

Rood & Valentina, Haitian orphans--according to the Feb. 26 entry by Kate, little children who watched their families die in the January earthquake.

The first three are Christians (I don't know about the last), and seem unshakable in their faith despite the tragedy. That fascinates me. I wonder about God a lot. Is He out there? Really? Why do Christians have such confidence that their human minds have wrapped around God's plan for life? Me, I think hmm. If he's God, and I'm me...how can I EVER know what is true?

Sometimes I really wish I could have the confidence the three families above seem to have in God.

(Note: I know that by posting the last 2 paragraphs, some might feel the strong need to comment LOUDLY in response. You don't have to. These are just my musings. I'm not expecting THE answer. I'd much rather you take the time to peruse the links above and share in the life stories of these people).

3 comments:

mrs. darling said...

thank you for sharing these, i'm amazed daily by people's faith. but then i am also reminded...their writings are just one moment in a day full of hours. and i imagine they are like us, some moments they are sure and full of faith, and probably others are full of tears and angry words screamed at God.

i think that's what a complex beast faith is...it changes from moment to moment and we just have to come to peace with that.

Anonymous said...

yeah what she said :-)---hope that isn't too loud, lol, but thanks for the honesty

Senegal Daily said...

I am amazed by the faith these people (and others) cling to and the sincere joy and healing it brings them. It's beautiful, really. Especially when I remember that the same God who is holdign them, is holding me.

Great post, Pegs. I needed to get a little perspective and realize/acknowledge how blessed I am. Thanks.