Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peace out, Denton!

On Thursday, I was supposed to have dinner with Fabulous Friend Sara. She picked me up and whisked me off to Chili's where we planned to pig out on The Best Appetizer Ever (AKA Skillet Queso). When I arrived, Uyen was there. I was so excited she happened to be there and I could see her once more before leaving...then realized she was there for ME! Sara had invited some of the girls to get together for one last hurrah. Only a few were able to make it due to Spring Break, but I was so excited!

Back (l-r): Uyen & Candise
Front (l-r): Me, Sara, Anna

They were so thoughtful. They gave me a cookie jar for my going away gift because I told them the story of how when I lived with Grandma, she would protect me from my own lack of self-control regarding cookies (Girl Scout cookies, in particular) by hiding the cookies and leaving me just ONE cookie in the jar each morning. So, they gave me a cookie jar and when I opened it, there was just ONE cookie inside. :)

Uyen let me keep the wieners one more time before I left.

Back (l-r): Uyen & Pegs
Front (l-r): Tony & Bella

The movers were supposed to show up between 10:30 - 11:00 am on Saturday. I did most everything I needed to on Friday, so I set my alarm for 9:00 am, thinking that was plenty of time to get ready for them.

Guess who showed up at 9:15 am?

Guess who answered the door barely decent with crazy hair like Medusa?

The good news is they were also finished an hour earlier, so I was on the road to Brownwood for my Texas Tour earlier.

And now? Now it's Sunday, and I am taking in the Brownwood Sleep 'n' Eat for all it's worth this last time. Eating homemade tacos. Eating Better than Sex cake (I did not name it). Sleeping 12 hours. Eating French toast. Taking a 90 minute nap. Eating more Better than Sex cake. Seriously, that's all I've done since I got here.

And that's fine by me.

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

crazy medusa hair is a heavy cross to bear, isn't it?

the cookie jar idea is genius, i have no self control when it comes to eating either.

better than sex cake must be really freaking good. although one night at maggie moo's i was eating cheesecake ice cream with fresh strawberries and i informed chad that is was better than sex. and i said it too loud. clearly i have no volume control and to rectify the situation i had to loudly declare that i was KIDDING.