Monday, February 22, 2010

Getting ready...

A month from today, I will be headed from Brownwood to Kerrville on my Tour o' Texas before heading to Seattle. I actually feel slightly (only slightly) unfamiliar with the moving process, as it's been almost a year since I've moved and that's a record for me. I'm also not used to having so much time to get ready, seeing as how I have moved much more spur of the moment in the past.

I have my handy list of stuff to do before leaving...and have been able to check off the following:
Mover set up--check
Car shipper set up--check
One-way flight purchased--check
Tour o' Texas set up--check
Registered for Spring quarter at the UW (including the Qual Methods course I needed but didn't know if I'd get!)--check

Still to be done:
Change address
Have Stanley Steemer work their magic
Babe's Chicken Dinner House with the girls
Pack 2 suitcases to go with me on Tour and in Seattle until my stuff arrives
Shut off cable/internet and electricity

While it's nice in a way to not have to rush this process, I'm also the type A who likes to just "get 'er done" and all this waiting around is driving me a little bananas.

1 comment:

mrs. darling said...

dude, i HATE waiting around. drives me nuts.

question: if you were moving within texas, would you still have movers? do you think the help is worth the expense?

we are moving (fingers crossed) this spring and i am seriously debating having movers do the work because it's just ridiculous to do it on your own. what are we, pack mules?!