Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day in Seattle

On September 4th, the one year anniversary of Daddy's death, I flew out to Seattle to spend the long holiday weekend with my Jesse. I can't think of a better way to have spent that day, and am so grateful the timing worked out that I had this wonderful gift on that day.

After a LONG 11 weeks apart, Jesse and I reunited at the Seattle airport. We spent a moment getting over the "you're a stranger" thing again, but didn't have time to dwell on it because we had a packed weekend ahead!

We spent time with Jesse's best friend, Kjell (pronounced "shell"), and his girlfriend Patty. This was my first time to meet Patty because she lives in POLAND. And I thought Jesse and I have a long distance relationship! Here's Kjell & Patty making burgers.

We had crepes with my fantastic friend, Gina, at a lovely cafe on Capitol Hill. Gina was my BFF in 8th grade...as you can see, we still have our immature moments. Or, more accurately, I do while she watches.

I was so excited to see my roommate Leah, her awesome dog Sophie, and my old apartment for the first time since moving out in April. We had a great time catching up, and Sophie even posed for the camera!

Jesse & I spent an afternoon with his parents, Joe & Maggie. It was the perfect Seattle day - rainy and in the 60s. We had brunch at Portage Bay Cafe, famous for its fresh fruit bar and all-organic menu. I scarfed my favorite Cinnamon Twister French Toast...yum.

After lunch, the four of us went for a walk on "The Ave" in the U District. Maggie had heard about public art on all the street lights, so we went to check it out. Here are Joe & Maggie trying to stay dry and enjoy the art.

To have a break from the wet weather, we grabbed a drink and played a game of pool at "Earl's on the Ave." Joe kicked my tail, but it was still fun.

I've chosen just a few of the best (in my opinion) street light art. Businesses along The Ave all contributed to the designs.



Next scheduled visit: Thanksgiving--Jesse comes to Texas!
Only 10 weeks and 2 days to go...but who's counting?

2 comments:

Kate Borders said...

Hope the 10 weeks and 2 days go very fast :)

So glad you guys got to be together...

Lee Ryan said...

Wow - looks like an awesome trip!