Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Adventures of the LDR: Episode 2

This past weekend was the second visit Jesse & I had as a couple in an LDR (long distance relationship, if you recall).

Here are some nibbles:

On Saturday, we went to the apartment pool for a swim. Upon arriving, we discovered the complex was hosting a pool party, and giving away free stuff every 15 minutes. In two hours, we won a gift card to Chili's and another to Wal-Mart. Thanks to this, Jesse has now experienced the glory of Chili's skillet queso. We then meandered Wal-Mart trying to decide what we could buy to share while 2700 miles apart. Then my eye caught the perfect thing...aqua socks for the water park the next day! Let me tell you...we looked C-O-O-L.

On Saturday night, we went to Improv Comedy Club in Addison, TX. The featured comedienne was Iliza Shlesinger, the winner of last season's Last Comic Standing. This was the 3rd attempt at professional comedy for Jesse and I, and we were pinning our hopes on Iliza to redeem the lousy acts we had seen before. She was, in a word, kick-tail. I highly recommend googling her (or clicking on her name above) to see for yourself.

We went to Hurricane Harbor on Monday, the perfect day since all the normal folks are working and lines are very short. We decided to go to "Boogie Beach" where you can basically surf on boogie boards. There was a beginner beach and an advanced beach. We decided to try each. On the beginner beach, Jesse flashed approximately 20 men & women when his trunks came down. On the advanced beach, I flashed approximately 20 men when my bottom fell...as I grabbed my bottom to pull up, my top flapped to the left, completely exposing both of the girls. Humiliating! Far worse is the fact that I thought only the left lady was revealed and while putting her back in place, Jesse ran over and covered me, whispering in my ear as 20 men went "Woohoo!" that my right lady was also showing off for the crowd. O.M.G.

At the airport, we bid a very sad adieu for our longest time apart...2.5 months until Labor Day. I cried. Yep, I was that girl.

Addendum: Jesse saw (and stalked) Carrot Top through the Las Vegas airport on his way home.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Sounds like fun and filled with plenty of stories... hahaha...

and that apartment pool party provided music entertainment for my whole saturday evening! can't wait to hang out! let's catch some rays together..

Nicole said...

Ah!! That's so embarrassing! Otherwise, that sounds like a very nice time together!

Anonymous said...

At least they said "woohooo" instead of "ewww".....LOL

mrs. darling said...

I just spit water all over the computer after reading your water park adventure.

Once, when i met an ex in Kenya for vacation i was ocean kayaking...a huge wave knocked me over. i stood up in victory, yelling because I survived. I did not realize my left boob had burst from my swimsuit top. that is until I saw the ex with his mouth hanging open and the african worker staring at my white boob as though it were a ghost. I have never been so mortified in my life. Misery loves company and I found comfort in your story. :)