Thursday, April 23, 2009

from the Random series...

Pandora free internet radio is my new BFF. I just pick an artist and for the next eternity (or 8 hours) at work it will just keep playing great music without my having to check it. My two current playlists began with Carrie Underwood and Pink. I adore them both. When I first heard Pink's "So What," I cranked that sucker up. The second time, I screamed it at the top of my lungs.

If you don't care about American Idol, please skip to the next paragraph. I had to say goodbye to Anoop last night. He was initially one of my favorites to the point that the week I was scared he would be voted off I actually made Jesse stay on his phone while I was on mine to vote for him. I have never voted so early in a season, and have yet to vote again (for anyone) this season. But it was time for Anoop to go. The others are simply more likely to be someone I would buy on iTunes. Kris and Allison are my two remaining favorites, even though in my heart of hearts, I think Adam and Danny will be the final two.

I am going to Seattle on Memorial Day weekend to see Jesse. I'm excited. It will have been 6 weeks minus one day since I left.

I just heard about Susan Boyle for the first time yesterday. Apparently, I've been living under a rock.

I move into my new apartment on May 9th. This is the nicest complex I've lived in, bar none. You get to choose a color for an accent wall in the bedroom AND they paint it for you. Seriously.

I am trying to think of a hobby to pick up here in Denton to keep busy. Possibly taking up a hip hop class since I only attended once before I moved to Seattle. Or there's a place where you can make pottery. Or there's free salsa lessons on Tuesday nights. Or a creative writing class. My dear friend and mentor Katy O suggested flower arranging. I had to laugh. Flower arranging would be perfect for Katy O...but for Pegs? Hardy-har-har. Any other suggestions for a new hobby?

Thanks to roommates with furnished apartments, I own only a bed, two bookcases, and as of last Saturday, a couch. Clearly, I will need to make some decisions about furnishing the rest of a one-bedroom apartment. My friend Sara has told me about "Freecycle." The clever name already won me over. It's like craigslist but absolutely everything is free. I can only imagine the treasures that are buried and long to be found.

And finally...I am considering getting a dog. I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking about it. There will never be another Wilbert, though, and I am apprehensive. I do know that people & their dogs often look alike...what kind of dog do I look like? A basset hound? A poodle? A dachsund? A Westie? I love mixes that are half-dachsund. No matter what the other half is, the dog looks hilarious. So maybe one of those...

Okay, the inner Pegs monologue will now cease and desist. Until next time...

6 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

I love random Pegs.

We used to listen to Pandora...until they decided it couldn't be used outside the US. Recently (after almost 2 yrs of internet radio silence) we heard about Deezer and use it now.

My next stop: googling Susan Boyle. You are officially not the last person to know who she is. (Hey - we could share a rock and have it painted with an accent color!)

Can't wait to see apt pictures!

I would LOVE to live somewhere where I could take hobby-type classes. Creative writing, something culinary, salsa dancing, yoga...gimme all of it!

Liz said...

Kris and Allison are my favorites too!!!

mrs. darling said...

i love pandora. i want to have its babies because i love it so much.

i skipped the american idol paragraph. susan boyle's eyebrows scare me a little bit. i am completely on pins and needles waiting to see the new apartment! how freaking amazing they will paint an accent wall!

i think you should take all those hobby classes. i don't recommend ballet because ballet teachers tend to be crazy, cat-loving weirdos who will yell at you for laughing at the girl who dances like a monkey. and then you will have to quit because you can't stop laughing. or stop tooting while at the barre.

not that i know any of that from personal experience.

Anonymous said...

I want a dog, too. But I want "the right" one---and will wait 2 years if I have to in order to find "the right" one. I used to have a Yorkie, but I cannot stand how no matter what you do they get greasy. Then I had a shitzu (however you spell that) that would not shut up. Then there were the big dogs I had to give away. Yep, I'm waiting until I find the right one. It also has to be one that my daughter, in her excitement, will not kill!!!!

Kate Borders said...

I love random Pegs too!

And I also love Pandora - listening to it at the moment, actually :)

Ditto Kari's next step - I'll join you two under the painted rock because I don't know who Susan Boyle is either.

Definitely go for dancing lessons for your hobby...pottery would be good too :)

Kate Borders said...

Okay that's REALLY FUNNY - I didn't know Susan Boyle was her name...and I had never seen her until a few days ago when my mom was visiting and showed me an on-line video of her! That was hilarious...