Monday, June 28, 2010

The Perky and the Perky-Not

of living in Seattle...

The Perky: Starbucks on most any corner (sometimes two!)
The Perky-Not: Sonic is 45 minutes away (although this is now a perky, because until this morning I thought there was not a Sonic in Washington)

The Perky: People come to visit the big city, like my college homie Joanne who is coming July 11-18.
The Perky-Not: They don't already live here.

The Perky: I'm not sweating between my thighs 24/7.
The Perky-Not: I'm still frickin' freezing in June. I wore a turtleneck on Father's Day. As Whoopi Goldberg would say, "What the HELL." (To be fair, that was an extreme day. The average temp these days is 60-something, allowing for short sleeves at the high point of the day or a light mid-sleeve, which isn't bad at all. However, the average high right now is supposed to be 72.)

The Perky: Lilith 2010 at the Gorge.
The Perky-Not: My Denton girl-power girls won't be in attendance.

The Perky: Kickball!
The Perky-Not: We suck. But still have good attitudes...well, except me. I am a sore loser. Worse than sore. I'm a sores & boils loser.

Before I go, one question. Based on the title, did you think this was going to be a post about boobs?

4 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

okay, i knew you wouldn't have posted about boobs, but the title does imply that.

Senegal Daily said...

Bosoms didn't cross my mind...but maybe for your male readers ;)

I do like the concept - much more original than plain ol' pro/con.

Enjoy Lilith Fair!!

mrs. darling said...

yes, i did believe this post would be about ta-tas. and i'm a bit disappointed that it's not, i love a good boob conversation.

i have ALWAYS wanted to go to lilith fair. ALWAYS. like,since high school.

i'm sorry, but your high of 72 is still COOLER than our LOW. i am not even freaking kidding. i cannot wrap my mind around a turtleneck in june. i wasn't aware seattle was located in the artic, clearly i was mistaken.

now, if you'll excuse me...i need to go walk my dog in 100 degree heat. i imagine my skin will boil by the time we hit one mile.

Lee Ryan said...

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't even read the title before reading your post.

But if I had, I'm sure my hopes would have been up.