Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lilith Fair 2010

On July 3rd (yes, I'm way behind on blogging), I went to the Lilith Fair 2010 with Roommate Leah & Co. The Lilith Fair, which apparently has been around for ages but was brand new to me, is a celebration of women in music. They tour all over the U.S. and Canada, with different musicians at each stop. The Lilith Fair is the brain child of Sarah McLachlan, and the Seattle Lilith featured Sarah, Sheryl Crow, Sugarland, Erykah Badu, and Colbie Caillat, among others.

It was held at The Gorge, which I'd heard RAVE reviews about but had yet to go. The Gorge Amphitheater overlooks the Columbia River and it held up to the gorgeous Gorge reviews. It also gave me the opportunity to get outta Seattle, which I rarely do, and cross the mountains--away from the lousy 50 degree weather we had until 4th of July (don't get me started) and over to the 77 degree weather of Eastern Washington. Yes, please.

See for yourself:




Seriously. The Gorge is gorgeous.

*Will post again soon because Cool College Friend Joanne came to visit Seattle...and Tall White Boy (aka Jesse) is currently on the loose in Beijing, China until July 30th.

4 comments:

mrs. darling said...

you look BEAUTIFUL! and very much like you belong at lilith fair.

i'm sorry, did you say 50 DEGREES on the 4th of july? well, at least your electric bill is cheap, right? do they even have AC in seattle? to be honest, that sounds blissful right now as we have had 100+ heat/100% humidity for more than a week now. i'll have to start pimping out chad just to pay our electric bill before too long!

why is tall white boy in china??

Senegal Daily said...

I agree. Totally a Lilith appropriate photo :) You look great. (And can I borrow that top?)

mrs. darling said...

i am mourning the loss of the hills, too!! it's awful, what wil i do on tuesday nights now? loved that show...no idea why but oh, how i loved it!

Swiftyjess said...

There is a saying here that "summer doesn't begin until July 4th".
How I miss Lilith Fair. My first featured Sarah, Eryka Badu, Sheryl Crow, and it was 100 degrees. ack.
I'm so glad you had a great time.
The Gorge is so pretty!