Wednesday, June 16, 2010

If you come to visit...

I found another stop I will have to include in your trip! In Arlington, WA, about an hour outside Seattle, a must-visit is The Kangaroo Farm. The name is deceiving because they actually have a number of animals, including chickens, turtles, deer, peacocks, lemurs, donkeys, miniature horses, ostriches, llamas, and of course--lots of kangaroos! Even better, you don't just see them or walk by them, you can actually touch and interact with many of them. For $8, it was a steal of a deal and a very fun afternoon! (And yes, I hobbled around on my crutches...we'd been planning this for weeks and I was NOT going to miss out!)

The Welcome Wagon...this peacock greeted us at the front entrance.

This peacock loved to show off--he did this throughout the tour.


The roos love to be loved!

The roos also love to be fed!

Looks sweet, doesn't he? Don't be fooled. We weren't allowed to
touch him...apparently, he bites.

Why, hello...

My first try to feed the llama, I got skeered!

Kissing or feeding the llama?

Jesse bonds with the llama

I know what this looks like, but believe me, it will be a long time before
anything but a baby kangaroo is in this blanket!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm on that last picture. You look quite natural, LOL.

mrs. darling said...

yeah, i'm pretty sure my life won't be complete until i have a kangaroo. OH MY WORD, my heart just exploded from the cuteness!!