Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ferry & a Wedding

Two weeks ago, my friend Ashley got married in Poulsbo, WA. To get to Poulsbo from Seattle, you have to take a ferry. This was only my second time to take the ferry (the first being when Christine, Chrissy & I visited Seattle in January 2006 and took a ferry to Bainbridge Island from Seattle), and I quickly remembered how freezing cold it is if you step outside to get a better view.

Chrissy & me on the ferry

Jesse and me (and my super cute new Nine West handbag) on the ferry

The back of the ferry

Ashley has always been unconventional, so it was no surprise that her wedding was held at a campsite. The ceremony and reception happened here, in a large cabin, and it was beautiful.

Ashley's bridal room, just outside the cabin.

You know who these two are...at the wedding.

Following the path of unconventionality, this was the wedding cake...although, apparently this is the new thing so maybe it will become conventional after all. For now, they are key lime cupcake-wedding cakes.

I know Ashley from the church I went to when I first moved to Seattle, so there were a few people from that church I saw again that I hadn't talked to in about a year, including Mark & Vanessa (on the right, above)...a super fun couple who sat with us for the afternoon.
Pictured here: Jesse, Chrissy, Me, Greg (the groom), Ashley, Mark & Vanessa

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Cute handbag AND cute boots!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the wedding cupcake idea.

The last wedding I went to was for a close friend and I really enjoyed the cupcakes. It's just enough cake for everyone and it's definitely an attention grabber.

TJ