Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Losing Daddy: The Hereafter

I am contemplating a new writing piece, and thought of this title. I always think of titles for things I could/should write, and then often don't write them.

I thought Part I could be "The Here" and Part II could be "The After." In Part I, I could talk about the events leading up to Daddy's death (including some useful history for the reader), and in Part II, I could discuss what it's been like since September 4, 2008 at 2:15 a.m (including my mental meltdown and slow-but-sure recovery). I was wondering, though, when to actually write Part II, given that "The After" will go on for a long, long time.

Anyway, just some thoughts today.

I get on the plane to Texas tomorrow morning bright and early (actually, dark & early, because that's how freaking early it will be). Grandma is going to be excited for her party...on Saturday, we plan to celebrate one great life!

4 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

I'm curious to hear how this is different than with your mom. I think I've mentioned to you before the fear of losing my mom cause of some stuff that's gone on the last few years. I'd really like to hear how and/or why this is different.

mrs. darling said...

I would love to hear this Peggy. I think it will be an awesome piece. I'll be thinking of you in the coming days. Enjoy Texas.

Senegal Daily said...

I am completely behind you on this project.

Abby said...

I can't wait to read it.

Thinking of you this weekend ~

Abby