Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Solstice Parade

This past Saturday, in the Fremont neighborhood (affectionately known as "funky Fremont"), Seattle held its annual Solstice Parade in celebration of the first day of summer, which is also the longest day of the year.
It was very fitting for the parade to take place in Fremont, as it was the funkiest thing I've seen in quite some time. I will spare you pictures of the nude cyclists, and some other "talent" that I'm unsure if Blogger would appreciate, but wanted to share some of the parade. Anyone can be in it; you are supposed to register ahead of time, but it was evident that you can also show up and jump in the street if you wanted.

Robots

The Pink Ladies (and some gentlemen)

The Love People

The Kitty Mask

The Egyptian(?) Dancers

Bush Guzzling Oil

The Bird-Man

Politics Everywhere



4 comments:

Nicole said...

Very cool!!

Abby said...

I am sad you didn't include the nudie bikers. Everybody loves a good nudie biker.

However, Bryan and I are both fans of the robots and the bird man.

:-) fun weekend!

Senegal Daily said...

I love the bird man's legs.

I used to have a pair of those. Leopard tights, I mean. Not legs. I still have those.

Swiftyjess said...

Everyone needs to see the Fremont Parade at some point - glad you went.
The nude bicyclists are something else aren't they? One year there was a snafu in the organization or something and there was a major hold up. So we got to see the nudie bikers for a LONG TIME...