Thursday, June 12, 2008

My not-just-a-blog-friend friend

Today, I met someone for the first time. Jessica has been a faithful blog reader since she found me via Kari's blog. She had found Kari's blog accidentally while perusing the blogger site. After reading Kari's blog for awhile, she introduced herself and Kari thought it would be nice to let me know since I was new to Seattle, where Jessica happened to live. So, since September, Jessica & I have emailed on a regular basis, attempting to correlate our schedules so we could each have a new Seattle friend, but to no avail.

I moved away to Texas and we never met. When I told her I'd moved back, we resumed our usual "What's your schedule this week?" conversation and actually found a mutually free time.

So I popped over this morning and had a lovely chat with Jessica, and a lovely playtime with her adorable two year old daughter.

And I have a new friend. Fabulous. Thanks, Kari!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home Monkey - Texas misses you!

Icy

Senegal Daily said...

Glad you guys (finally) met up :)

Swiftyjess said...

I half expected one of us to cancel due to snow. 'Cause that actually wouldn't have been unusual even by Seattles standards.
Thanks for meeting up with me!
Grab a pencil and that daytimer and put me down for some time in July!