Monday, June 16, 2008

Best Grandma Ever

I have the best grandma ever. Really, I'm convinced. I got to see her a few times while in Texas. She has moved to New Braunfels, a town between San Antonio & Austin, to live with her niece, Barbara, and Barbara's daughter, Kim. Barbara and Kim are taking AWESOME care of Grandma, for which I am eternally grateful. If there are diamond tiaras in heaven, these two will get big ones.
Pics from my last visit to see Grandma before heading back to Seattle...
Isn't she CUTE?? (By "she," I mean Grandma, though really, we both are!)

Grandma & Barbara

Me with Kim's adorable wow-ser puppies (they're Schnauzer-Westie mix)


Grandma & a wow-ser--seriously, who's cuter? It's tough to say, but I think they're trying to decide here...

Kim grows all kinds of flowers...here's one like I'd never seen before...

I especially like the color of this one...

Grandma's OLD (emphasis on old) piano



Amy lives only 45 minutes from New Braunfels, so of course I had to stop in and get some Sunshine-n-Amy time!

Anticipate my next post...I went hiking for the first time (first "real" time in my opinion) yesterday. Highlights to keep you on the edge of your seat:

It was me with 6 dudes. I had the idea that saved all of our lives. There was "deep snow" for approximately 3 miles of the hike.

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

That first picture of you with your Grandma may be my new favorite picture of you - you look beautiful.

Nicole said...

You look great! And I really want one of those puppies!

Anonymous said...

So you came to Austin?
Chrissy

Marcy said...

"Firstly", of all I NEED one of those puppies!

"Secondly", Sunshine & Amy time equals a hella hot sunburn! I'm still laughing at you!

Thirdly, i miss you my pegs, peggers, peggestestest!