Saturday, January 05, 2008

Bits & Pieces

Trip back to Seattle:
*53 hours total, 41 hours drive time
*Marathoned it from Amarillo, TX to Seattle for a total of 34 hours non-stop
*Me with the 3am-10am shift through the treacherous Grant's Pass in northern Cali, southern Oregon

New Year's:
*me, just 4 months after moving here, at a party overlooking the Seattle skyline, including Space Needle

Special surprise:
*Chrissy's found a place to live RIGHT NEXT DOOR. Unbelievable. Really.

Predicted stability from last quarter:
*Community group
*Jim, Sara & Cassady, fantastic faculty advisor, supervisor & peer mentor (respectively)
*My Starbucks at 42nd & the Ave

Predicted adjustments for this quarter:
*Wilbert living in Seattle
*Close friends from Texas, Chrissy & Melissa, living next door
*Tutoring a French-speaking Rwandan refugee who wants to be a doctor
*The myriad ways God will undoubtedly stretch me in His everloving pursuit of relationship with me

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Sounds great. I'll be on all day today (or at least am planning to be) and would love to catch up if you're free.

Love, K

Amber Dawn said...

okay, feeling like a baby for complaining about my 12 hr trip to VA.
hope you are doing well-glad you have so much to look forward to this semester. i know it'll be nice to have your puppy back-i had to leave my kitty in Alabama so i can only imagine!