Thursday, May 24, 2007

random...

My current celeb crush is John Krasinski (otherwise known as Jim of "It Should Be Jim & Pam" on The Office).

I do not have a current real-life crush, which I've decided is perfectly fine b/c John is more than sufficient at the moment.

I bought a couple of cards today. One of them says, "Is it butt naked or buck naked? These are the kind of questions I go to you for." I could send this card to several people. I'm dang blessed, I tell you.

My madre would be 56 years old today. I miss her.

It took a year and 2 days at work to have my first crying student. I need to go buy that box of Kleenex I've been thinking about buying for a year and 2 days.

Is "Kleenex" supposed to be capitalized?

Is it ridiculous (or something I should be ashamed to put on a blog) that I really, really like the soundtrack from "A Walk to Remember?"

I saw 6 movies in the last 6 days...and I can't remember the titles of 3 of them. That shows how well that time was spent. Incidentally, the 3 that I remember are The History Boys and Pirates of the Caribbean 1 & 2, in anticipation of seeing the 3rd one tomorrow night.

I'm going to New Orleans for Memorial Day weekend to see Julie & Tiffany, a couple of my West Africa homies. I'm excited!

I didn't vote the last 3 episodes of American Idol b/c I honestly couldn't pick a favorite. Melinda was outstanding and I loved her voice and personality. However, Jordin's voice was just as good, but in a different way (different sound, in other words). Then there was Blake...I LOVE how unique he is but I agree he is not the best singer of the 3. Is Idol "a singing competition" as they keep claiming or is it an "idol" competition that doesn't necessarily require the best singer to win? Also, my allegiance to Blake was strengthened as I get more excited about moving to Washington (he's from there, for you non-Idol readers).

Does the fact that I capitalized "LOVE" when I talked about Blake just now signify that perhaps subconsiously I do indeed have a favorite and should've voted for him? Perhaps my vote would have changed the results. (Okay, I don't really believe that.)

I am currently listening to Baby Got Back on my ipod. Yep. You know the girl that gives the little speech at the beginning? Someone actually thought that was me once...apparently, I sound like her..."OMG, Becky..."

I get to leave work in 9 minutes. I am eating at Panera tonight. I ate at Panera last night. I have no problem with this at all.

My friend is currently dealing with a major rodent problem at her apartment. I have been VERY grateful this week for my relatively painless apartment living thus far. The worst thing I've had in my apartment was a little snake-like worm. Granted, it was the nastiest snake ever that had a 99.9% chance of being poisonous and killing me at the time.

I led home group for the last time on Monday night. I am glad I get to be a member of the group for 6 weeks before leaving.

I think that's all for now. Oh, and Superfreak is now playing on the ipod. All I can think of is the little girl at the end of Little Miss Sunshine..."This is dedicated to my grandpa, who taught me all my moves..."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Peggy, I've always wondered if others have the types of random thoughts that I have. NOW, I KNOW. :-) Karina

Sara said...

Again, not that you asked me for them, but here are my thoughts on your current thoughts:
1) I totally get what you mean about John Krasinski. Mmmm...delicious.
2) Miss Anderson's Language Arts lesson for today: Yes, Kleenex IS supposed to be capitalized because it is a brand name. If you were to call it facial tissue, then it would NOT be capitalized. It's kinda like the way us Southerners call all soft drinks Coke.
3) The "Walk to Remember" soundtrack is one of my all-time favorites because almost every song on it is good. (But I'm a little bitter because the soundtrack also led to Switchfoot's fame which, in my book, equals their downfall.)
4) This week I have thus far watched 18 episodes of The OC, Little Manhattan, and Alfie. Blockbuster loves me and my business.
5) I have all of the lyrics to Baby Got Back memorized...including the girl's speech at the beginning. Not one of my most brag-worthy qualities, but a feat nonetheless.

Senegal Daily said...

3 comments:

1) yes, Kleenex is capitalized as it's a brand name. Same goes for Dumpster, Q-tips and Post-it.
2) Souds like you have the Senegal workout mix on your i-Pod.
3) fantastically entertaining post.

Nicole said...

This is probably my favorite of all your posts. As you get your PhD are you going to simultaneously write a book? Yes? I thought so. x

mrs. darling said...

A few thoughts...
Walk To Remember soundtrack is one of the BEST. Do not be ashamed, wear your love for it like a banner.

I love West Africa friends.

I also have an unhealthy love for Panera Bread. It's borderline obsessive. And I'm okay with that.

The assortment of songs on your iPod sounds very entertaining.

Senegal Daily said...

That may be the last time I offer a penny for your thoughts, Peggy ;) Jst kidding, it was fun to read your randomness.
I felt like I needed to post a comment b/c: it was funny, and John wanted me to leave a comment for him.
-J

Abby said...

"And where is your Grandpa?"

"He's in the trunk of our car."

:-) Love that movie. Watched it today.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love peggy, what would we do w/o her?

:) [this reps a big cheezy smile]

Did we ever discover the true essence of the phrase? "buck naked" or "butt naked"? You gotta let me know about these things.

Left hanging,
allie :) <><