Wednesday, May 09, 2007

It's not Cinco de Mayo...It's Cinco de Pegs!

A couple of years ago, Amy renamed the Mexican holiday after me (and rightfully so) since I share my birthday with Mexico's biggest reason to fiesta. So from now on, it's not Cinco de Mayo--it's Cinco de Pegs! Amy, Chrissy, and Chrissy's college roommate Melissa came in town for the weekend to fiesta together and it was so fun!
Of course before the blog can get started, we have to have some Wilbert shots. I mean, really does it ever get old?

Basically, Wilbert will stay in whatever position I put him in...he's THAT mellow. So I sat him upright on the couch and there he sat for about 30 minutes. Sticking his tongue out, however, was his idea.

Johnny Carino's--happy birthday to me a la baked cheese tortelloni & a hot waiter :)
L-R: Amy, me, Chrissy, Melissa

Chrissy brought her brother's dog, who also happens to be Wilbert's cousin, as you can tell. Just teasing. Duke is a half-dachsund/half German shepherd so you can imagine the looks we got when we took these 2 to the dog park.

Pitiful begging for breakfast...Melissa held firmly to her bacon

Chrissy & Mels

Me enjoying my turtle cheesecake birthday dessert

Amy stealing my birthday dessert!

Amy & I reconciled after the dessert fiasco
All in all, a fantabulous weekend. Other highlights included dinner with some of my home group girls so my worlds collided...in a good way. We also went to the annual ArtWear show at UNT, which is the senior show for our Fashion Design students--really fun!
For those keeping count, I turned 29. I actually did. I have found that a _9 birthday invites people to ask, "REALLY?" because they think I'm avoiding my 30s by saying I'm 29. So, no, really...29. And also, thanks a lot. Do I need to start using anti-wrinkle cream?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES to antiwrinkle cream. Nah---seriously---just stay outta the sun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Karina

Nicole said...

Great post, Peggy!! Happ belated birthday!!