Sunday, October 08, 2006

the last couple of weeks...


West Africa Reunion--Tim & Kate visited DFW before going back to Senegal, so the Whipples (our neighbors in Senegal) and Jenn (another journeyman in Senegal) all had a reunion. Here we are...back row: Tim, Kate, Karley (littlest Whipple), Jenn, Denise; front row: Me, Dakotah (middle Whipple) & Noah (oldest Whipple); Not pictured: Seth, who is taking the picture


Me & Kate--3 years & 18 days after I left Africa, Kate and I were reunited. We were roommates and teammates in Senegal, working on the media team. Kate is about to go back to Senegal with her husband, Tim, to do discipleship ministry with Lebou believers.

The Dallas Mavericks, the 2006 NBA Western Division Champs, had their Pre-season Spring Training here at UNT last week. To thank the school, the Mavs had a scrimmage on Friday that was free for all current UNT faculty, staff, and students. Here are some pics:




Harris and one of the rookies, whose real name is JJ but he's from Puerto Rico so we started calling him "Rico"...when I say "we," I mean me & my friend, Jordan...10 minutes later, the other side of the crowd started cheering for Rico. So when he is called Rico next season, keep in mind that Jordan & I started that.


Diop, the Senegalese Maverick, taking a shot (really annoying--they pronounce it so it rhymes with "shop" when the correct Wolof should be pronounced to rhyme with "rope)


Dampier (25) & Terry (31)--Honestly, I have a crush on Jason Terry :)


Towards the end of the scrimmage, Terry tried to get the crowd going by running around with his shoe off, acting like he would throw it into the crowd. Obviously, this caused mayhem. At the end, Terry and Nowitski actually did throw their shoes into the crowd. I didn't get one. :(

I had a special treat today. :) Tiffany was a fellow journeyman in West Africa. She lived in a hut in Burkina Faso for 2 years, ministering to the Marense people. Tiff is one awesome girl. She's living in Mississippi now, but was in Dallas for a conference. I love living here--I'm seeing old friends I wouldn't have seen if I was still in Corpus. :)

Tiffany & Me

4 comments:

Nicole said...

You look so good, Peggy!!! Maybe we should have a Kari's bridesmaids reunion? :)

Anonymous said...

About time you updated! Life looks full & fab for ya! Enjoy! -- Karina

Anonymous said...

Peggy - Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your page! I got homesick reading your post from January on Seattle. Great pictures! You captured the "Pacific Northwest vibe" well. I've always wanted to visit Texas and I enjoyed looking at the pictures on your previous posts. I can't wait to read more. Take care! :)
Raquel

Abby said...

I'm with Nic. We should DEFINITELY have a bridesmaids reunion!


En France!

:-)