Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Greenwood-Miller Wedding

This weekend, I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in Robin's wedding in Norman, OK. Here are some highlights:

For all you Project Runway fans out there, you will recognize Kayne in this picture. Kayne's business is in Norman, and he designed our bridemaid dresses (which you'll see in the pictures to follow).


This picture is a bit tangential from the wedding, but this is Sally, Heather's dog. Sally's tongue is too long to fit in her mouth so it constantly hangs out like this. Hands down, one of the funniest things I've ever seen.


Here's Kayne's dress...and me & Robin before the wedding.


For the 3rd time in a month, I've gotten to reunite with my West Africa friends. Here are Bill & Shirley Nolte, who served as the guesthouse coordinators on my team in Mali. (Yes, I borrowed a tux coat to stay warm in the below-strapless-dress weather we had.)


This is what the ladies do before the wedding!


I love this part...so classy!


Saying goodbye to Mr. & Mrs. Joel Miller...and when I say goodbye, I mean goodbye. Joel has a job out in California, so Robin is no longer a 2 hour drive away. :(


And for those who are curious about the bouquet toss, my least favorite part of the entire wedding process where it is tradition to make the single women feel very single and provoke a catfight, I will tell you that NONE of the women went for the bouquet. It landed squarely at my feet, so the consensus was that I "caught" the bouquet. I disagree. The photographer took a picture of the ladies' feet with the bouquet on the ground.

And finally, I could not have a post from Oklahoma without mocking the state in some way. Soooooo...what message is this combo automotive/liquor store in Chickasha, Oklahoma trying to convey? Drink & Drive?

3 comments:

Rick Boyne said...

Scoffers mocked those on the cross, too. Oklahoma is not equal to those on the cross, but the "gist" is the same.

Play nice.

mrs. darling said...

Good for you and the other women at the wedding who refused to join in with the degrading ritual of the bouquet toss!

I spat in tradition's face and refused to have a bouquet toss be a part of my wedding.

And I agree, you "won" the bouquet toss my default and proximity. Since the bouquet landed closest to your body...YOU WIN!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

cute pics and yeah i have "caught" a bouquet too b/c it landed at my feet....but i still think it can be fun...hehe...i think i have had to take way too many of those home from a wedding..sheesh...it gets old!