Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Stolen laundry and Victoria's Secret

Two weekends ago (I'm running behind), I spent a lovely Saturday evening on a date with a fabulous man...just kidding. I spent the evening doing 2 very full loads of laundry. When I went to get them out of the dryer at the exact time they should have been finished, I found the dryers empty! Someone stole my laundry! (But kindly left my empty laundry basket.) Are you KIDDING me? First of all...gross. Second of all...I'm not one to talk, doing laundry on a Saturday night, but really...get a life.

My theory is as follows...when I had gone to change the loads from the washers to the dryers, there were these 2 little boys in there--about 8 & 10--just the right age to think stealing someone's laundry would be hilarious. Hmph. My theory is that those two kids stole it. For what reason, other than pure entertainment, I do not know.

Well, without getting TMI on you, I'll just say that pretty much every pair of undies I own was in one of those loads. Thus, a trip to Victoria's Secret was necessary the next day.

Those of you who know me well know that Vic's is not my favorite place, usually because you can find very uncomfortable men hanging out along the walls trying to be inconspicuous while their wives/girlfriends/sisters search the store. Have you ever noticed they usually put a "man's store" next to Vic's? For example, in Denton, Radioshack is within visual distance. My other theory from this weekend is that if the man isn't in the store specifically to buy something for that wonderful woman in his life, he needs to go to Radioshack.

Because, searching the piles of undies for my size and style whilst a man is standing against the wall two feet away (or maybe one foot) was the most awkward thing I've done in awhile. I almost asked the man, "Are you sure you don't need something from Radioshack?"

In fact, it only fueled my fire to be more ticked off that my laundry was stolen in the first place.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

And, what, no pics? (totally kidding!!)

I can't believe someone would steal your laundry. In a strange way (and kinda gross), I hope someone who could actually use the clothes stole them, rather than silly kids who would just chuck them away.

Hope you found some fab knickers!!

Love - Nicole

Senegal Daily said...

That's awesome. Awe-some.

I hate that your clothes were stoeln. That's wrong and frustrating on so many levels.

But I am happy that you were able to turn the experience into a fun blog post. Isn't that the secret of life?