Friday, September 08, 2006

What I Love about North Texas...3 months later

Back on June 2nd, I wrote a top ten about what I love about Denton. I had lived here for about 2 weeks. Now that it's been about 3.5 months, I would like to slightly revise my list...I expanded it from Denton to North Texas, and you'll see why. In no particular order, except it came to my head:

10. The Village Church--I found a place to belong!
9. My home group from the church--lovely ladies
8. La Madeleine (still makes the list, best restaurant)
7. Location, location, location (All my bridesmaidly duties for Robin's wedding in Oklahoma are within a 2 hour drive instead of a 3 hour flight! Also a weekend trip to Austin to see Josh & Amy is totally do-able.)
6. The Greenhouse Restaurant (ah...love those sweet potato fries)
5. The Square (see my post from late July called A Little Piece of Home)
4. My office--has been painted and new artwork hung...I LOVE how it turned out. We call it "The Mocha Coffee Shop" b/c of the colors and the atmosphere I created (pics are forthcoming)
3. Recycled Books--wonderful old bookstore on the Square
2. The feeling of being far from home...but not really :)
1. It's exactly where I'm supposed to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are settling in!!!-- Karina

Senegal Daily said...

Bridesmaidly - up for best new word of the year :)

Senegal Daily said...

Bridesmaidly - up for best new word of the year :)

Nicole said...

I really like your top ten lists, Peggy!! I can't wait to see pictures! I am so slack on my blog since we don't have Internet at our house yet!! So... my goal will be Friday...yeah...