Sunday, August 27, 2006

Keep Austin Wierd

I learned this ATX phrase when I visited the capital of Texas last weekend. Josh & Amy just moved there to start Josh's MBA program at UT. My prior experience with Austin involved getting there late evening, staying at a friend's house, and leaving early morning for Dallas. Due to this, my experience with Austin was limited to I35's INSANE traffic jams, causing great distaste, dislike, and disdain for all things Austin. However, contrary to my opinion, Austin proved to be a unique, fun and crazy place that I actually really enjoyed. So, my opinion has been revised and my new advice is to visit Austin if at all possible. :) Here are some highlights:


If you go to the Hula Hut and decide to order the "Tubular Taco" you might consider sharing it with someone


I found this hottie at the Hula Hut, a must-do restaurant in Austin


Out of the goodness of my heart, I decided to share Mr. Statue with Ames (shh...don't tell Josh)


Pegs & Ames at UT


Friends from high school who also happen to live in Austin


Pegs & Brooklyn, Tara's daughter


The Capitol Building


Ames & Pegs get their pose on before salsa dancing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salsa, ey? FUN!! :-) --Karina

Senegal Daily said...

Look at you all salsa-sexied up! Dang, Pegs! Aie aie aie!

Nicole said...

Peggy, you look amazing in that last picture!!! And, I will definitely share the tubular taco next time we both happen to be in Austin... :)