Thursday, August 17, 2006

A little piece of home...

Christine came to visit this week! We had a great time catching up, and I got to show her around Denton a bit. Here are some highlights:


Christine & Wilbert are reunited after months apart...this is Wilbert's favorite napping position. Seriously, he'll just stay like that. He's a wierd dog. Upon closer inspection, he looks bat-like...but I can't get Blogger to upload that photo so you'll have to use your imagination.


If you come to Denton, I'll take you to "The Square." It's downtown and sooooo cute, with fun little eateries and quaint shops. They turn on twinkle lights at night and it's beautiful. So, after eating dinner at The Greenhouse (my favorite restaurant in Denton...again, if you visit, I'll take you and even treat--so you should come visit), Christine & I played on the Square.


First stop on the square--Jammin' Jeans. This place sells name brands for REALLY cheap. This Guess skirt was $10. I will be going back. Note the price tag on the skirt...after thinking about stealing it, I decided I could afford the $10 so I bagged my jeans (you know, since it's 106 degrees outside) and wore it out. I love wearing new clothes out of the store.


We found this great used bookstore. They buy and sell old books, cds, videos, record albums, dvds, whatever. I have no idea what the name of it is, because it was located in a purple building that said Opry House on the outside. Fabulous.


Christine & I paint the town...and I need to learn new slang


Beth Marie's, the best ice cream in Denton

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!!! :-) --Karina

Nicole said...

And if you come to Brighton, I will treat you to the best scone/crumpet/bangers and mash/fish n'chips/full English breakfast (I'm giving you a choice!) that I can find! Love - N

ps - I think Wilbert gets cuter everytime I see him. I wonder if he would like Brighton...

Abby said...

Loving the skirt.... way cute!!

PS - I updated!!