Thursday, December 08, 2005

Weather report

Well, God is preparing me for European temperatures next week...South Texas received an "Arctic cold front" last night so that the temp dove to 34 degrees with a 22 degree wind chill. That, mes amies, is more than 30 degrees below normal. Wow.

Next week at this time, I will be en route to Lyon, France to visit Jonathan and Kari! It will be almost a year to the day of my last time with them at their wedding in Marietta, Georgia. I am too excited!


Kari and I at her bachelorette party a year ago

Incredibly, the cheapest ticket to France involves a 9 hour layover in London, and my friend Amy, who lives in England, has graciously agreed to come in town and be my tour guide for a few hours. I am indeed blessed!

Of course between now and next Thursday, there are a million things to do and of course, a big Walmart run for all of J&K's special American requests! :)

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

Glad to hear you're preparing for the big chill!

- K