Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005--Pegs' Year In Pictures

Unfortunately, the Year in Pictures must begin with March b/c I don't have digital pics from January or February. Here's a sum-up of 2005!


Deborah, my friend since 6th grade, had her second baby, Alyssa, during Spring Break


Amy married Josh, and became Mrs. Amy Byrd on March 6th


Grandma celebrated her 84th birthday on April 6th


Missing sharing my birthday by only one day, my second cousin Lacey entered the world May 6th (I'm just noticing the 6th of each month was pretty eventful)


I returned to Senegal for 10 days and was reunited with my twins and Patricia, among others...I arrived in Senegal on (you guessed it) June 6th


5 years and 7 months after it began, I welcomed myself into the 21st century in July with a flip phone and my grandmother also joined me with a shared line


The annual trip to the condo in August


Tara's baby shower in August...Brooklyn joined the world in October (Anyone noticing the recurring wedding & baby themes?)


No better way to spend Labor Day in Corpus than at the Texas State Aquarium with Katy, Caitlyn and Sallie


In October, 6 months into marriage, Amy had settled nicely into domesticated duties and shared with all of us


On November 3rd, my supervisor, Linn retired after 10 years at SOCS and about 40 years in the ministry. Tony was voted in the same day


Thanksgiving at Grandma's


December 11--Reunited with my roommate in Mali & Ivory Coast, Robin, and meeting her mom in Norman, Oklahoma


December 15-22--a fabulous trip to France to be reunited with my roommate in Senegal, Kari, and her husband (another friend from Senegal) Jonathan

I'll ring in the New Year tonight with friends at the Surf Club in Corpus. Hope all of you have a fantastic 2006!

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

What a cute idea!! Great pictures, Pegs.

Love, K

Anonymous said...

Pegs, I absolutely loved the year in pictures!! Thanks so much for sending them to me.
And, I loved reading your captions, they are exactly how you talk; I can just hear you telling me all those things.
We have got to get together sometime. I know your busy traveling the globe, but haven't ever heard of Fort Worth Texas? if so, what about Benbrook, Texas? Have you ever been there? I will even make a special stamp for your passport!!
Love ya girl, give me a buzz!