Saturday, June 11, 2005

Day 5

Well, I relaxed a bit today...did some final gift shopping, ran by one of the offices to greet the workers, and then hung out at the beach with my old supervisors, the Sikes, and some other missionaries.

Tomorrow holds some adventures, to be sure...I'm headed out to Sindou, the village Kari moved to after I left. I'm going to greet some of her friends, and hang out with some volunteers who will be doing some stuff in the medical clinic there and teaching a little ESL. Pray I can find Astou and Bintou, friends of Kari's that I want to greet.

Astou's mother passed away not too long ago, and Kari's roommate after me, Jana, hooked me up with her to share stories and bond a little bit. I was able to send prayers to her via Jana's email, so this will be a special day for us too!

Thanks for your continued emails of encouragment...even though I haven't had time to get back individually very much, I am reading them and they make me smile! So thank you!
Peggy

ps -So Demba told me that the Mahoneys have Sinatra now...I asked Tim, and he said yep they have him and he's even bigger now...I had to see this for myself. So I went over there and took some pics of Sinatra...or "Frankie" as they now refer to him...Kate, I think he's even more spoiled now than when he used to sleep on top of your head! See attached picture...


"Frankie" Sinatra

No comments: