Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Day 3


View from insied a raapide

Okay, now today was more like it...more like West Africa, I mean.

I had 2 objectives...one to buy gifts this morning at the Artisan Village. That was accomplished. The second was to find my twins...not so easy!

I was very proud of myself however, b/c I remembered EXACTLY where to go, even the last turn which was always hard to find. However, we arrived to find they have moved to another town a year ago! Oops...so we ("we" is me and Patricia, who is a complete lifesaver!) called the number they had, and found out they are in a town about an hour from Dakar in a different direction...two hours from where we were! So Patricia will call again to see if a visit on Monday is good. Monday is also the night I fly out...so it should be interesting!

We took raapids, which are public transport and that was an amazing adventure. Oh one other detail from the story...they were "fixing" the road to the twins' house,so we had to go another way...with lots of sand...we got stuck! Ha...

I've attached a picture from my seat in one of the raapides...this was my view for a good part of the day today!

:) Until tomorrow,
Peggy
PS Kari, your little girl still lived there and was doing great!

No comments: