Monday, May 02, 2011

Spring came to Seattle...or Boss meets a Clydesdale.

Either one of the above is an appropriate title for this past weekend.

My college friend, Joanne, came in town and it was the PERFECT weekend. 60s and sunny. Jo and the weather were very amenable to the fact that we had to find dog-friendly activities to entertain us.

Highlights:

We finally got a non-blurry picture of Boss in his Leavenworth hat.


I know this guy! I was walking along the Pike Place Public Market shops when I saw my friend Patrick featured as a model for a lady selling scarves.


My two favorites.
(I promise Jesse looks older in person. Promise.)


When we came out of the shops area, we heard a horse whinney. Wha...?
Turns out a cop was riding a Clydesdale through the park. So we introduced Boss to his first horse, who happens to be THE largest Clydesdale on the Seattle PD force.


This was Boss' Big Weekend. We went to Norm's Eatery & Ale House, which was created to be a dog friendly place where people can come eat and bring their dogs. In walked this BEAST of a dog, a Newfoundland named Cole, who was very patient but any time either of the dogs moved it blurred the photo. This was the best we got.



Jo & Pegs, est. 1998.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

So glad you got to see Joanne AND the force's massive Clydesdale. (In that order.)

Abby said...

I love that Boss was only introduced to gigantic animals this weekend. I bet you're one proud mama! :)

mrs. darling said...

every time we go out to eat i complain that no eating establishments allow dogs...and lo' and behold, ONE EXISTS.

also, your caption that jesse looks older in person made me laugh out loud!