Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Two years of togetherness...


Jesse & I celebrated our two year anniversary yesterday, and Jesse surprised me with a lovely dinner at a little French bistro in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood, Thomas St. Bistro. It was on par with the last place Jesse took me, Table 219 (also in Capitol Hill). Reminiscent of my days in French-influenced West Africa and the little time I have spent in France, the meal came with a fixed price that included four courses (soup, salad, entree, dessert). The owner was multi-talented, as he greeted and served customers while also cooking all of the food. I'm still unsure how exactly he did that. He offered the hospitality I would expect of an authentic French dining experience, and also had employed two young guitarists to play jazz as part of a fantastic ambience. I did the unthinkable and actually took pictures which you can now enjoy...

Thank you to my handsome guy!

First course: Creamy vegetarian basil soup

Sweet Jesse makes for a happy Pegs!
(Kari, you can see the top I chose to wear...it's matched with dark jeans and bronze heels.)

Thomas St. Bistro
(The restaurant filled up quickly while we were there, but this is when we were only the second couple in the place.)

Third course: Poulet Dijon Pasta for me (pictured here) and Smoked Salmon Pasta for Jesse

It's nice that after two years together, you don't have to worry so much about how ridiculous you look trying to eat pasta.

Fourth course: Cheesecake with strawberries drizzled on top

Our table setting

"Ooh, my man is so dreamy."

Here's to a very unconventional two years!

*Note: We will celebrate part II of our anniversary when I treat Jesse to the movie "Date Night" this weekend...Steve Carrell and Tina Fey should be a lovely couple to double date with!

5 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Bronze heels?? I love it!! They sound adorable.

Great iPhoto-ing and blogging. You captured it well.

Unknown said...

You both look very happy Peggy! Congrats!

mrs. darling said...

you look so pretty! bronze heels?! yeah, we are going to need a photos of those darlings!

Erin said...

I would love to see these bronze heels sometime...

Anonymous said...

I love this! Such a cute little quaint place...and with a name like Thomas in it you know it's gotta be good! Ha ha ha! I'm so happy for you, Pegs!