Monday, March 17, 2008

My latest triumph

Video games haven't been my thing for many years. I was about to start this post by saying, "Video games have never been my thing," but that would have been a blatant lie.

In the 8th grade (circa 1991-92), I was a Nintendo addict. I couldn't fall asleep at night because all I could see when I closed my eyes were Tetris pieces falling. (That was WIERD, by the way. But at least, I won when I played in my head.) I mastered Super Nintendo as well, at least the basic game with Mario & Luigi. We knew where all the little vines were to let you skip worlds and "SAVE THE PRINCESS." Wow, we were lame.

Who is "we?" We was my best friend, Gina, and sometimes our other friends...but always Gina & me. The very same Gina you 've read about on the blog who I have been reunited with here in Seattle.

Last night, Gina (circa 2008) invited me to hang out with her friends and guess what we did? We played video games. My, how we've grown. Anyone know about a game called "Rock Band" on Playstation? As you may have guessed, you create bands with whoever else is in the room with you. My character was Pegalicious (for obvious reasons), and I was a rocker guitarist. It's amazing how sexy I felt, just being a guitarist in a punk girl band on a video game. Mwah-ha-ha.

BUT, I am multi-talented, as we all know, so I forsook my guitar and took the vocal later in the evening. The vocal is basically karaoke. My song? "Wanted Dead or Alive" by the fabulous Bon Jovi. My score? 100%. Tony (the owner and definite expert of all things Playstation) stared at the screen. He had never seen someone score 100% on the vocal.

Should I contact Randy, Simon & Paula now? I could be the next American Idol.

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

very impressive, Pegalicious Tetris Head :)

Unknown said...

Love the name Pegalicious and you should definitely be on American Idol!!

Thanks for the story :)