Thursday, March 13, 2008

Musings from a muse

I burned my tongue today. Just the tip. Hurts like a mo-fo, though. And I didn't even burn it on something delicious. Boo.

My friend, Mark, is calling the NY governor the "Love Gov" due to his recent infamous news. Aurally, I appreciate this nickname. Visually, it drives me up the wall because it's not symmetrical. But if I say "Love Gove," it doesn't work. Of course, I could go all 7th grade on it and say "Luv Guv."

Each of the past 2 seasons on American Idol, in the first week of the top 12, exactly one person has forgotten the lyrics. And each of those two were promptly sent packing. But oh, that sweet 17-year old David Archuleta forgot his lyrics this week and was not only NOT sent home, but he didn't even make the bottom 3. That's my (slightly illegal, but whatever) boy.

I went out with this guy and he gave me a book to take with me based on a conversation we had. I assumed by giving me the book, I'd see him again. Clearly, I was mistaken. I guess I'm keeping the book. Or, if said fellow is reading this, you can appreciate the cleverness of my posting here and contact me for aforementioned book, or just another rendezvous.

I've been realizing how powerful my thoughts are, and how powerful I am to choose them. If I'm going to make up stories of interpretations based on things that happen, shouldn't I choose a story I like? I think so.

My friend, Ashley, introduced me to a cafe called The Grateful Bread. I love wit with words.

I go to Texas in less than 2 weeks. I am already fantasizing about my week on the beach. Another fantasy I have is of wearing flip flops. I am one pasty white girl right now. It was 41 degrees at the high today. Lame. Other fantasies re: Texas include...Chick-fil-a & Whataburger, putting my head on Grandma's lap, seeing friends who are my family, being so hot I'm sweating just standing still outside, Tex-Mex, the reunion of me & my swimsuit, and hearing "y'all" more often than I see a Starbucks.

Finally, stolen from Nicole, have you ever really wondered about the Stuff White People Like?

3 comments:

Uyen said...

i LOVE the stuff white people like. been reading it for a few days now. silly white people :).
i can't wait to see you. i looked the temp today and it said 79 degrees. aren't you excited?!

Liz said...

Reason is, Archuleta is an amazing singer. Really amazing. The country girl should have been sent packing (can you say HORRID), or maybe the Hawaiian (BO-RING), but Hernandez was pretty bad that night, although I think that's not typical for him.

Senegal Daily said...

I love your random thoughts posts. You wouldn't think it, but they're so easy to read, follow, and stay hooked into.

Oh, we had coffee the other morning! Thank you!