Thursday, June 28, 2007

Weather Woes

I definitely think that moving to Seattle is the right thing to do. God has prepared me through the extremely unusual year of weather I've experienced in Dallas. The winter was one of the longest and coldest on record...the last time I wore my winter coat was mid-April, which is just ridiculous for any part of Texas.

And....the RAIN. Have you seen the national weather news? We (meaning the Dallas area) have been the focus for over a week. It has rained every single day for over a month. I'm not talking a little drizzle; this is serious flash flooding. (By the way, you might pray for those who are actually losing homes, family members and friends in this--11 people in 10 days have died in Dallas alone b/c of the floods.)

And I have fared the weather well, I would say. I am ready for Seattle. Still a Texan at heart, I will probably use my umbrella and receive strange looks and humiliate my new Seattleite friends, who think using an umbrella is ridiculous. (See my March entry from my visit.)

In other (slightly related) news, I have started saying my goodbyes. It stinks. I saw Sara and Kelsey for the last time on Monday. Today will be the last day I see Angie. Tomorrow, I will say goodbye to my co-workers and my fabulous boss, Marian.

I am so excited about my move, but right now, I'm just sad. I am tired of saying goodbye to people. It works out nicely that Seattle is a popular destination, and everyone wants to come visit. It also works out that my precious heart friends are those that I don't have to say goodbye to, but just see you later...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Aw, Peggy. I hope the moves goes smoothly. Many a hug to you.

Anonymous said...

You are a very strong girl, Peggy. That's an attribute God has blessed you with. I'll be praying for your move and that things will fall into place for you in God's perfect timing as they did when you moved to Denton. Good "luck" and God bless! -- Karina

mrs. darling said...

Goodbyes are the worst.

You have a lovely life and I'm envious of the adventure you are about to start!