Thursday, November 30, 2006

Wintry Mix

Yesterday at this time, I was wearing a 3/4 sleeve button-up in the 77 degree sunny weather. At about 5pm yesterday, I left the dry cleaners thinking how warm it was. When I got out of my car at 5:30pm, the "wintry mix" that had been forecasted arrived. By 7pm, it was 35 degrees. That's right, the temperature dropped nearly 50 degrees in 2 hours. At 10 am the next day, it's now 28 degrees and falling. It's sleeting outside and should be snowing noon-5pm. :)

I love winter, probably because having spent 25 of 28 years in either South TX or Africa, winter is a fairy tale phenomenon in my head. I love cold weather. The scarves, the coats, the fire going, the Christmas decor, good movies or music playing, and hot cocoa. Love it.


Wilbert's winter wardrobe...I said I'd never do it. Wilbert is a dog and I have a firm belief he should be treated as such. However, he does have to go outside to take care of business, and I decided he can have one sweater when we walk in the below freezing temperatures. He's done okay with it so far. He hasn't tried to take it off at all, which is pretty amazing. However, he walks and then sits. Walks and then sits. Walks and then sits. He's never done that before so I'm not sure if it correlates with the new sweater or not. At any rate, he's once again dang cute.


My coche iced down



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are freezing my bu** off! -- Karina

Senegal Daily said...

Oh that is funny. I cannot believe your a dog-sweater-owner!!!

Find me a pattern and I'll crochet him a stylish shrug. :)

Senegal Daily said...

By the way - I just woke up and so my use of "your" should be pardoned. Am headed for coffe now.