Saturday, September 10, 2005

texas state aquarium

On Labor Day, a few of us went to the Texas State Aquarium, located right here in Corpus Christi, for a few hours. Our friend, Rachel, has been working there this summer, mostly with the dolphins but she gets to do other cool stuff too. Here are some of the sights from the Aquarium...

the sea otters, my favorite


How cute is this little guy?


Kaitlyn and the baby alligator


downtown Corpus Christi and the piers (I lived just behind these tall buildings last year)




the dolphin show

Last night, this BEAST was outside my front door. As Christine left my apartment, we saw "IT" and Christine attempted to stomp at "IT" to scare "IT" away. Instead, it faced my front door head-on as a threat to come inside! So, being the complete wimp that I am, I went out the back door and around to Sallie's apartment. I have learned that Sallie is good about getting rid of the "IT"s that we find out here (she killed off a worm-like snake in May by beating it beyond any recognition as a living thing with a shovel). Sallie came over and took care of "IT" with a gentle touch...


Sallie and "IT" (yes, it's a small frog)

2 comments:

none said...

Pegs - YOU were scared of a little frog? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Love - Nic

Senegal Daily said...

Let's see...how about Pegs' Posts? It doesn't get much worse than that, so feel free to name it anything knowing that it won't be the absolute worst possibility.