Thursday, September 29, 2005

post-Rita

No pictures this time, but figured some might be wondering how everything shook out with Hurricane Rita...or the lack thereof!

I was headed to Dallas last weekend for my class anyway, but when Rita decided to head our way, I left on Wednesday afternoon instead of Friday morning. I picked up my dear 84 year old grandmother and her blessed 3 felines (who I'm allergic to, as most know) and we headed north. When I left, Rita was a strengthening 4 headed for Corpus with a predicted turn north that would take her mid-way between CC and Houston by her landfall.

My friend, Kate, informed me later Wednesday night that Rita was now a 5, but had made that northern turn...so north in fact, that by Thursday, she was no longer a threat to Corpus at all, as everyone came to find out. So all is well for Corpus Christians who had a good scare thanks to Katrina, but never even got rain. :)

Very productive trip as I was able to stay with a friend from West Africa, Lori (pictures forthcoming), friend from home, Ashley, get 75% of the work done for my class in 2 days, and visit the main campus of Howard Payne University (I work at the Corpus extension). All in all, a good but tiring 5 days!

No comments: