Wednesday, October 12, 2011

open letters II

(For open letters, the original go to mrs. darling's blog.)

***********************************************
dear college kid who thinks it's your last quarter,

you should know by now what degree you are seeking. if you don't, you probably aren't graduating this quarter, you yahoo.

advising you,
peggy

***********************************************
dear lauren graham,

the one fan who has something actually meaningful to tell you can't figure out how to contact you. which is probably good, since you're famous and don't want to get stalked by crazies. but i'm not crazy. your characters on gilmore girls and parenthood have inspired and encouraged me for the past 10 years. you have brought into my world a taste of family, especially my mom, who has been gone for 14 years. thank you.

your biggest (no seriously, your biggest) fan,
peggy

**********************************************
dear creators of friends,

when will you make a friends movie? i don't think you would ruin it. just don't do a sequel like Sex & the City and it will be fine.

ross & rachel forever,
peggy

**********************************************
blake shelton,

marry me.

love,
peggy

ps. miranda & i have talked. she's fine with it.

**********************************************
dearest jesse,

if you learn how to close the shower curtain and wash your dishes, i'll love you forever. okay, so i already do. but seriously, can you just close the shower curtain and wash your dishes?

love,
me

*********************************************
dear bossy-boss,

please shut the hell up when we leave you alone so we don't have to pay $450/month for doggy day care.

love,
mommy

ps. you're still the fiercest Westie in the West. even if you're a total co-dependent wuss.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to bring my dog to my new apartment because I am afraid he will bark all day and my neighbors will report me. :-(

Swiftyjess said...

I think Lauren Graham might be on Twitter. Sadly I do not think you can send her a message that way, Did you see her on jimmy Fallon? They sang a song about balls. Soooooo funny. Mark does not do dishes or shut the showet curtain either.

mrs. darling said...

the family channel has started showing gilmore girls every morning at 10am. i freaking love that show. i want to live in stars hollow.

friends movie = my dream come true

have you heard of the pistol annie's? miranda lambert is a part of them. they sing a song called hell on wheels. if you haven't, look it up...so awesome.

when we first got married chad NEVER shut the shower curtain (HUGE pet peeve of mine). he does now. hold on, there is hope. he doesn't wash his dishes without being asked. but he does put them in the sink, which is much better than what he used to do (leave them in the floor next to the couch, i'm not even shitting you. i nearly killed him that first year of marriage).

Erin said...

LOVE this! And, I love Lauren Graham. I watch through all 7 seasons of Gilmore Girls on an embarrassingly regular basis.

Andrea said...

i love these!!!... and Lauren Graham's characters make me cry, but in the good cry sort of way. i love her. i love parenthood (both the show and my current situation in life).

mrs. darling said...

I am a marketing WHORE. if you market it well, I will buy it. No matter what it is. Pile of corn poop? Give it a cute name in a pretty package & I'll buy it.

becomingbianca said...

Haha, these are awesome!

mrs. darling said...

one month since your last update...that is unacceptable.