Saturday, December 11, 2010

some stuff that's been going on.

Well, let's see here. I finished my last courses for my EdD degree. As you know, in November I also passed my General Exam. Sooooo, that means I'm officially ABD. I'll be meeting with my advisor next week to discuss moving forward with my dissertation proposal. Once it has been approved by my committee and Human Subjects at UW, they will set me loose.

In 12 days, I will be in Helena, Montana for Christmas. The 10-day weather report says high of 30, low of 18 with snow showers. Holy hell. What have I gotten myself into?

Jesse and I are going skiing on the 18th. My roommate passed along this great deal for beginners--3 days of beginner lessons, 3 daily lift tickets, and gear for only $119. And we get to pick the 3 days. Jesse's never been skiing and I went once when I was 16. This should be interesting.

Jesse & I are watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Netflix, which ran from 1997-2003. And don't I know it. We are in the second season, but I don't know if I'll survive the whole show. The cheese factor is overwhelming, which ironically makes the show underwhelming.

And...scene.

2 comments:

Lee Ryan said...

I look forward to seeing pictures of you in whatever configuration cast you wind up in after skiing.

:-)

Have fun!!

Love, Me said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful holiday planned! Love and miss you so much.