Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it.

I had to go commando after working out at the U yesterday. I forgot to pack skivvies. That meant I had to endure the bus ride home feeling like everyone could see bootie dimples and uber-jiggles. Ugh.

I sat next to The Most Annoying Person Ever on the flight back to Seattle from Austin. 4 solid hours. Considering how much I fly, this says a lot. First, he busted out the sandwich he brought on the plane with him and proceeded to be absolutely disgusting. Lettuce everywhere. Smacking away. Ramming me with his left arm. But that was only the beginning of the nightmare to come. After eating, he chewed gum...loudly. And used his index finger to move it all around and stretch it out. At first I thought the gum was just getting stuck, then I realized The Awful Truth. This is how this guy chews gum. And he plans to do it for the rest.of.the.flight. This was way worse than the time I flew to Africa next to an African woman with her 2 year old son who swiped my mashed potatoes right off my tray. That was amateur hour compared to this guy. I turned on my iPod and put my hand up to my face trying to block it out. Except the damage was done. It was like when you were little and you played Tetris for too.damn.long. So when you went to bed that night, you closed your eyes and could only see Tetris pieces falling. Even with my hand over my face, I could still see him twirling that gum with his finger.

What kind of world do we live in? Spell check isn't recognizing "Tetris."

On my Texas vacation (pictures to come), my cousin changed my life forever by introducing me to Vitamin Water Zero, specifically Acai-Blueberry-Pomegranate.

Is it awful that I watched Bachelor Pad the other night and didn't think it was awful?

I sent my advisor a draft of 2/3 of my big fat General Exam. It's 45 pages. Jesse calculated that I basically wrote 5/9 of it with a broken finger requiring a cast on my left (dominant) hand, 3/9 of it with a badly sprained ankle, and maybe 1/9 with no injuries. They should just give me the friggin' degree now.

5 comments:

mrs. darling said...

oh my word, i watched bachelor pad also and i thought it wasn't awful either!

i would have punched that guy...too annoying.

and the commando part? i just shook my head in sympathy...been there, my friend, been there.

Jesse Sharp said...

Sitting right next to you...

Anonymous said...

OH MY LORD. Were there ANY open seats on the flight? Because I would have made a big deal about my desperate request to be moved!

Lee Ryan said...

I don't remember being on that bus. (?)

Andrea said...

Catching up on your blogs, and this one is so my favorite right now. Probably because I've sat next to that guy before, except on my flight he farted a lot and wanted to talk to me about his new business venture.