Thursday, August 19, 2010

If you are the kind of person who prays...

When I was in West Africa my first year, I was part of a team that included 9 journeymen (singles in their 20s usually just out of college committed to serving for 2 years), a missionary couple, and another couple who were in their 60s also committed for 2 years to running our guesthouse for volunteers. Bill & Shirley, the older couple, were fondly regarded...we called Shirley "Mama Shirley."

Today, I heard that Bill & Shirley were in a car accident on June 20th. Bill is fine, but Mama Shirley sustained serious injuries, the most serious being a spinal cord injury with a prediction from doctors that she likely won't walk again. However, an infection has now occurred and Mama Shirley isn't doing too well.

There is a blog you can visit if you are the sort of person who likes to read blogs of people you may not actually know, and if you are the sort of person who might pray for someone who coud really use it even if you don't know them well. Here's the blog: http://shirleynolte.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Praying for Shirley, her family, and for you, Pegs.

mrs. darling said...

is this the same bill and shirley that took care of the guesthouse near the beach, where all the offices are? i'm thinking it must be...such a sweet, sweet couple. this makes my heart hurt. thanks for sharing and i'll be praying.

Anonymous said...

Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?