Sunday, May 09, 2010

32 and Fabulous!

With Cinco de Mayo comes Cinco de Pegs! I had a fun-filled birthday weekend, including:

Free tickets to the Seattle Sounders (pro soccer) game! I took my friend Kiara along!

Unfortunately, we lost 4-0 to the LA Galaxy...

Pizza & game night at my place, complete with Twister!

With roommate Leah at the UW softball game
Although I lived with Leah for 8 months last year, I feel like I really only started to get to know her since I moved back 6 weeks ago...and guess what? Leah is the awesome-est--and not just because she let me move back in! :)

Did I mention the UW softball gals are #1 in the country?! Yeah, they are. I watched them win the National Championship on TV last year. They are fantastic. They won today in extra inning play--it was super exciting, and especially nice on a most lovely Seattle day (65 and sunny, thank you very much).

No photos, but Jesse and I celebrated his wonderful mom, Maggie, today as well. Joe fired up the brand new grill and satisfied our taste buds with fantastic Indian grilled chicken. We will go to the Beat Walk where you can band hop to your heart's content next weekend for Maggie's Mother's Day gift.

On Friday afternoon, I turned in the form required to officially name my doctoral committee. WOOT! All four faculty members are absolutely outstanding and I feel very honored to work with them through the rest of my doctoral journey.

Did I also mention that at some point this weekend I officially became our summer kickball team's captain? We are signed up and ready to KICK YOUR GRASS! (That would be our team name.)

So yes, to answer your question: I'm 32...and FABULOUS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So very great to hear about your adventures! Glad you are back there and having a wonderful time. Sounds like your birthday was a good one!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I am hoping I am going to feel that way to turn 36 here soon! LOL