Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Update

I've lived in Denton since April 11...4 months today, hard to believe. In some ways, it's gone by quickly but in other ways very slowly. I will say that each month goes more quickly and I've gotten more adjusted. In my 4 months here, this past weekend was my 4th to stay in Denton (including Jesse's visit). I've been doing lots of traveling, needless to say. But it was pretty nice to settle in with a couple of movie rentals on Friday afternoon/evening instead of making poor Louise take me across the state somewhere.

Watch "New in Town" and "Bart Got a Room"--check
Work out to The Biggest Loser Cardio Max video--check
Lay out by the pool--check
Work out to The Ultimate Tae-Bo Workout--check (and near-death experience)--check
Sleep in until 10:30 am (Saturday) and 11:45 am (Sunday)--check
Read at Barnes & Noble with an iced chai latte & Asiago cheese pretzel--check
Find a fabulous steal-of-a-deal on silver sandals at Urban Outfitters--check
Enjoy a delicious Mexican meal at Gloria's with new friend Amber--check
Laughed til I cried at Improv Comedy, thanks to Last Comic Standing's Lavell Crawford and his amazing opening act--check
Adopted Bella & Tony for the week--check
Grocery shopping--check

Not too shabby for a weekend in Denton.

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

i was wishing you were in alabama today. the boy, the one from the picture, works at the humane society here and i went by there today to see him. they have some of the cutest animals on the planet. and i thought to myself, peggy would totally need to take one of these home :)
sounds like things are going well. hope you are surviving the ridiculous heat!

Kate Borders said...

Not to shabby at all - sounds relaxing and productive - I love those weekends :)