Friday, August 21, 2009

So...tired...must....rest...now.

Orientation was Tuesday. 12.5 hour work day. Nearly got stuck in the elevator with student worker (who thought us being stuck was hilarious).

Registration was Thursday. 10 hour work day. 3,258 pissed off students unable to get into some class or another.

Water main break was Friday. 8 hour work day, but had to go potty at the next building over. Did not get the email with this information until after I had gone potty in our building. Thought co-worker & friend, Icy, who was in there just ahead of me, was DISGUSTING for not washing her hands. Before I knew there was no water. Then realized I could still be friends with her.

We have decided we will never, EVER, do orientation during the week registration opens. Ever. Ever.

Just when I think some of my friends, who shall remain nameless, have quit blogging for all eternity, they return with a witty vengeance. Glad to see you back, Paula & Maggie. Others, who shall remain nameless, have yet to return and just might get kicked off my "Blogs I love and you should too list" (to your right). Are you coming back, Nicole & Abby? There are others, who shall remain nameless, who so regularly update only 3 times a year that I keep them on the blog roll, knowing that one of these 90 days, there will be an update. Kate.

It's shaping up to be a splendid weekend. MelSat is on her way to Denton as I type. MelSat, one of the funniest people ever to grace Earth, will no doubt have stories of meth mommies and other dysfunctional folks to tell...because when you're a social worker in Tulsa, Oklahoma, what else is there to talk about? We will meet up with Amy tomorrow because she is in town visiting the in-laws. The plan is to have lunch and then go ice skating. Ice skating. Have I mentioned that Amy (LOVE HER) is one of the clumsiest people ever? Surely, ice skating will be a treat. Funniest Person Ever and Clumsiest Person Ever on ice skates. Bring it.

As if that wasn't enough, the co-workers and I are hitting up the Movie Tavern in Denton to see The Time Traveler's Wife tomorrow night. We've already read the book, which had me boo-hooing so I'm certain there will be nothing left of me when I walk out. So, we've decided to go get drinks after the movie to soothe ourselves.

Sunday, I will sleep.

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

"I keep them on the blog roll, knowing that one of these 90 days, there will be an update. Kate."

Possibly the best blog line ever. :)

Unknown said...

Glad you like it, and glad you're still reading. :)

I miss you and MelSat.

Anonymous said...

Peggy-
Love your blog! I read back a few months...you've had it rough, girl. Thanks for sharing what you've gone through. I think you're an encouragement more than you probably realize.

Take care...God bless...keep up the blogging! :)

-Abby